Halloween Color by Code
Jack-o-lanterns, spiders, bats, costumes, and of course candy. There are so many different symbols to learn as Halloween approaches. As part of our color by code series, I’m sharing holiday-inspired color by code activities to use throughout the year. Color by Code activities are a great no-prep way to help kids get extra skill practice in a festive way as they also learn seasonal vocabulary. This printable Halloween Color by Code set can be used as part of math centers or as an option for early finishers.
FIND ALL OF OUR HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE LESSON PLANS FOR PRESCHOOL CLASSROOMS.
We’ll be sharing a series of free printable color by code printables this year so you’ll have a set for nearly every season and holiday during the year. Read on for a quick overview of the different options included in the Halloween Color by Code freebie.
This Halloween Color by Code activity is an easy way to add some fun halloween theme activities to your math centers, take-home math practice, or just a fun way to celebrate Halloween while working on math skills.
This free printable Halloween Color by Code set can be used in a variety of ways such as:
- Math center options for children who enjoy coloring
- A follow-up activity for a hands-on lesson or game that relates to the specific focus skill
- Take home math practice
- Options for fast finishers
In the free printable, we’ve included a number of different options so that you can decide what to do based on your individual student needs.
Inside you’ll find sheets that focus on:
- Number recognition for 1-5
- Number recognition for 5-10
- Addition for sums of 1-5
- Addition for sums of 5-10
- Basic shape recognition
Get Your FREE Halloween Color by Code by Code
The free printable Halloween Color by Code includes five color by code math pages to easily differentiate skill practice. Click the button below to request your copy.
GET A FULL SET OF HALLOWEEN THEME ACTIVITIES
Watch this short video to see just a few examples of the types of activities and printables included in this set:
The 132-page Halloween Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
- -at Word Family Bat Game (in color and b/w)
- Candy Corn Science Experiment Recording Sheet (in color and b/w)
- Candy Corn Uppercase, Lowercase, and Beginning Sound Picture Puzzles for Letters C, A, N, D, Y, H, O and R (in color and b/w)
- Candy Corn Counting Cards 1-10 (in color and b/w)
- Halloween Costume Syllable Sorting Activity (in color and b/w)
- Haunted House Colors Board Game-3 variations to work on color recognition or color word recognition (in color and b/w)
- “Look at the Costumes” Emergent Reader-3 variations
- 0-35 Halloween Number Cards (in color and b/w)
- Halloween Roll and Graph Math Game (in color and b/w)
- Halloween Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
- Build a Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Mats and Shape Pieces
- My Jack-o-Lantern Recording Sheets-2 variations, one to focus on shape recognition and one to focus on writing
- Spider Number Mats and Ways to Show Numbers 0-10
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.
by Terry Heick Among the biggest changes in modern academic standards is the shift in the burden of general…