Thanksgiving Color by Code
Thanksgiving will be here before you know it, and there are a ton of symbols to learn as this turkey-filled holiday approaches! As part of our color by code series, I’m sharing holiday-inspired color by code activities to use throughout the year. Color by Code activities are a great no-prep way to help kids get extra skill practice in a festive way. This free printable Thanksgiving Color by Code set can be used as part of math centers or as an option for early finishers.
GET A FULL WEEK OF THANKSGIVING THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL LESSON PLANS.
We’ll be sharing a series of free printable color by code printables this year so you’ll have a set for nearly every season and holiday during the year. Read on for a quick overview of the different options included in the Thanksgiving Color by Code freebie.
This Thanksgiving Color by Code activity is an easy way to add some fun Thanksgiving-inspired activities to your math centers, take-home math practice, or just a fun way to celebrate Thanksgiving while working on math skills.
In the free printable, we’ve included a number of different options so that you can decide what to do based on your individual student needs.
This free printable Thanksgiving Color by Code set can be used in a variety of ways such as:
- Math center options for children who enjoy coloring
- A follow-up activity for a hands-on lesson or game that relates to the specific focus skill
- Take-home math practice
- Options for fast finishers
Inside you’ll find sheets that focus on:
- Number recognition for 1-5
- Number recognition for 5-10
- Addition for sums of 1-5
- Addition for sums of 5-10
- Basic shape recognition
Click the pink button below to get your free printable!
GET A FULL SET OF THANKSGIVING THEME ACTIVITIES
The 159-page Thanksgiving Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) Pumpkin Pie Letter Matching (in color and b/w)
2) Rhyming Turkey Game
3) Turkey Color Sorting Mats (in color and b/w)
4) Turkey Counting Mats 1-20 (in color and b/w)
5) Look at the Turkey Emergent Reader (3 variations)
6) How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Sequencing Cards (in color and b/w)
7) 0-35 Turkey Number Cards (4 variations)
8) Phoneme Segmentation Turkey Activity
9) Thanksgiving Taste Test Recording Sheet (in color and b/w)
10) Thanksgiving Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
11) Thanksgiving Roll and Graph (2 variations, in color and b/w)
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Recycling in your classroom can easily be made a daily activity. Try implementing one or more of these recycling…