100+ Fun Icebreaker Questions for Kids and Teens
This list of fun icebreaker questions is perfect for the first day of school! You can also use them with campers, sports teams, youth groups, and morning meetings. There are options here for kids and teens of all ages and interests, so you’re sure to find some that are the right fit for your activity!
What’s Your Favorite … Icebreaker Questions
Learning what other kids like can help students discover what they have in common. For a fun twist, have them share their least favorites as well.
What’s your favorite:
- Ice cream flavor?
- TV show?
- Song or kind of music?
- Place to vacation?
- Class at school?
- Time of day?
- Pizza topping?
- Thing to do after school?
Have You Ever … Fun Icebreaker Questions
These questions are all about experiences—places you’ve been, people you’ve met, and things you’ve accomplished or tried.
Have you ever:
- Had a pet?
- Cooked your own meal?
- Been in a YouTube video?
- Performed on stage?
- Played a musical instrument?
- Been on TV?
- Sold something you made?
- Visited another state? Another country? Another continent?
- Stayed up all night?
- Gone camping?
- Been on a boat?
- Made your own clothes?
- Met a celebrity?
- Climbed a mountain?
- Won a contest?
- Broken a bone?
- Talked your way out of getting in trouble?
- Seen a shooting star or the northern lights?
- Eaten a bug?
- Swum in the ocean?
Imaginative Icebreaker Questions
Set your imagination free as you discuss these intriguing and fun icebreaker questions.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
- Where and when would you travel if you had a time machine?
- What is your dream job?
- What would you do with a billion dollars?
- Create a menu for the perfect meal.
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
- What would you most want to be famous for?
- If you ran a TV or streaming channel, what kinds of shows would you air?
- Choose parts of three different animals and put them together to make the ultimate animal.
- If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
- If you could change one law, what would it be?
- What character from a movie, TV show, or book would you want to be?
- Describe your dream house, including its location.
- If you could choose two book, movie, or TV characters to be your parents, who would they be?
- If you could invent something to make life easier, what would it be?
- If you were a ghost, who would you haunt first?
- What would be the name of your ship if you were a pirate captain?
- If your toys could talk when you aren’t there, what do you think they’d chat about?
- How long would you last in a zombie apocalypse?
- If you had a human body but the head of an animal, what animal would you pick?
Would You Rather … Icebreaker Questions
This is one of the best ways to get a conversation going! Some of these Would You Rather questions will make kids giggle, while others will encourage them to open up and share.
Would you rather …
- Be able to fly or be invisible?
- Travel to the moon or go to the deepest part of the ocean?
- Have a pizza without sauce or without cheese?
- Be incredibly tiny or the largest thing on Earth?
- Ride an elephant or a zebra?
- Have a million dollars or get to travel anywhere you want for free for the next five years?
- Grow up immediately or stay a kid forever?
- Give up your phone or never have dessert again?
- Have a pet dragon or a pet unicorn?
- Have really long legs or really long arms?
- Be able to talk to animals or read people’s minds?
- Be too hot or too cold?
- Live in a tiny cabin or a giant mansion?
- Write a novel or train for a marathon?
- Be a cat or a dog?
- Never have to do homework or never have to take tests?
- Be rich or famous?
- Live at Disney World or have a water park in your backyard?
- Be a superhero or be able to do magic like a wizard?
- Have to spend a day crawling everywhere or a day walking around backward?
- Live in a house made of LEGO or one made of gingerbread?
- Swim in a pool filled with chocolate pudding or one filled with root beer?
- Do the dishes or mow the lawn?
- Make your own clothes or grow your own food?
- Go into the past to meet your great-great-grandparents or into the future to meet your great-great-grandchildren?
More Fun Icebreaker Questions
Here are some more questions that help kids get to know one another!
- What would your theme song be?
- Describe the last time you laughed really, really hard.
- What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
- If you could be any age for the rest of your life, what age would you be and why?
- What is the worst food you’ve ever eaten?
- Where do you prefer to sit on airplanes?
- If you could live someplace else for a year, where would it be?
- What’s your favorite theme park?
- What’s your spirit animal?
- If you could try an adventurous activity like skydiving or bungee jumping, what would it be?
- What do you think you’re best at and worst at?
- If you had to delete all but three apps from your phone, which ones would you keep?
- What three items (not people or pets) would you save if your house was on fire?
- If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
- What’s your earliest childhood memory?
What are your favorite fun icebreaker questions? Come share on the WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook!
Plus, check out 25 Meaningful Icebreakers for Middle and High School Students That Really Work.
Modified On Apr 1, 2023 By Isaac Nigeria Football Federation Recruitment 2018 updates and how to apply effectively is…