Top 26 Best Gantt Chart Software 2023
Is one of the best Gantt chart software options on the market. Why? Because it strips away the complexity associated with Gantt charts and provides an easy, drag & drop way to schedule your tasks and follow each step of a project’s progress until the very last detail.
But don’t be fooled, it might be very easy to use but it can help you manage a list of complex situations thanks to its large list of options and features.
Instagantt’s awesome features are:
- Dependencies and milestones
- Task and subtasks
- Drag & drop
- Critical path
- Multiple projects and workspaces
- Public snapshot sharing options
- Team collaboration options: notification and task assignment
- Custom view and custom fields
- Custom color options for progress bars
- Risk and Priority
Teamgantt is a very good option when it comes to project scheduling, as it lets users manage their projects easily and visibly.
With TeamGantt you get the basics: tasks, timelines, and team assignments. What makes TeamGantt great is their understanding of the project management mentality and philosophy, and they make sure to apply it to their product. This tool offers a wholesome look at every project, its tasks, next to their deadlines, and resources.
– Multiple project views in one Gantt chart
– Guest permission
nTask comes with interactive Gantt charts with the ability to double down on milestones, to-do lists, checklists, and risk management.
Like many software on this list, it is also a project management software with other features including Kanban boards.
nTask Key Features
- Automatic creation: Create Gantt charts as you work on different projects, append tasks and add project schedule details.
- Simple User Interface: drag and drop feature to drag timelines, manage task dependencies, create and assign risks and much more
Multiple Assignees: Work with multiple collaborators on the same project
The final option on our list is Monday, which gives you a host of different features to help you track anything and everything that you want in your projects.
In fact, Monday is one of the most modern options for project management and it gives you a lot more than just those functions as well.
There are several different programs and plans available and so the pricing can be a little difficult to understand.
- CRM tools
- Collaboration tools
- Modern system
- In-app automation
- Templates included
ProofHub is well-known for bringing together several tools that make project management an easy-breezy task. Managers can plan projects, visualize tasks, and modify schedules easily using ProofHub’s built-in Gantt charts.
As a manager, you always stay ahead of the game by having complete control over the tasks associated with a project. The Gantt chart offered by ProofHub allows you to set dependencies between different tasks, drag and drop tasks on the chart to change their durations, and much more.
- Multiple calendar views
- File and document sharing
- Real-time in-app and desktop notifications
- Chat tool for communication
- Markup tools for reviewing and suggesting edits
- Bookmark projects, tasks, discussions, etc.
Wrike stands out for its organizational design. It serves as a table view, with assignees, task names, and start and end dates; very easy to view and understand.
This popular Gantt chart software allows you to see responsibilities and performance, thanks to its Workload View, one of its star features.
It also allows for easy communication between team members as it lets people adjust the necessary aspects within a project and stay on top of any changes, minimizing the need for meetings.
- Critical path
- Folder hierarchy
- Collaborative team editing
Who doesn’t know Microsoft Project? It’s probably the most reliable option in all things project management-related. It might be the go-to option for most, as it’s developed and sold by Microsoft.
However, it lacks the flexibility an online Gantt chart software will provide for you. Yes, it is very robust when it comes to monitoring resources, budgets, and timelines, especially for large projects, but it might turn out to be just a little too hard to use for teams that just wish to keep track of their progress and to follow through simple project execution.
Microsoft Project Features:
- Schedule development
- Resource assignment
- Progress tracking
- Budget analysis
- Advanced reporting
GanttProject lets you break down your daily and weekly work, build a Gantt chart timeline, assign resources, calculate project costs, and then export the results easily to PDF, CSV, or PNG.
You can import and export data directly into/out of MS Project and Excel, as well. GanttProject serves over 25 languages at this time.
This one is a little tricky, so let’s see if we can explain it.
Instagantt decided to build a Gantt chart integration for Asana when Asana didn’t have Gantt chart functionality.
If you want another add-on for your Asana projects, then Instagantt may be your answer for online, free Gantt chart software.
Bitrix24 is a management tool and team communication platform that wants to put all of your business needs into one solution.
- Free unlimited projects: Create as many charts as you want
- Online storage: You can store up to 5GB on the BitrixCloud
- Project management app: Manage your tasks and projects from anywhere with an iOS and Android app
dotproject is a free, volunteer-supported Gantt chart and planning application that is managed, maintained, developed, and supported by a volunteer group of users.
This means that there is no corporate headquarters to whom you can reach out to for support. However, PMs will have access to a large community of volunteer developers and very active online support forums—something DIYers will love.
Agantty is truly a free project management software with a mission to make creating Gantt charts a piece of cake.
Agantty Key Features
- Export as PDF: export tasks in your project timeframe as PDFs for easier reference
- Rights management: you can decide which team members can view or edit specific tasks
- Reminders: send task reminders to team members via email
Tom’s Planner is a free project management app that is super quick and easy to use, making it great for users who don’t have a ton of time or resources to play with.
You can easily drag and drop color-coded time blocks, stretch and contract individual task bars, and zoom in and out from hourly to monthly views.
Paymo is a solid project management platform that couldn’t be so without a robust Gantt chart module.
Its main advantage is that tasks with a start and end date get automatically projected on the timeline. Don’t get me wrong. You can still draw your task durations, which is excellent automation for those who want to ditch Excel for a simple Gantt chart generator.
From a planning perspective, you can link tasks and milestones with the help of dependencies to see which ones need to finish before others start. There’s also the possibility to account for overlap or delay in the project, something project managers working with cross-functional teams will appreciate.
StudioBinder offers planning software specifically set up for the events and film production industry and includes a Gantt chart creator.
StudioBinder Key Features
- Interactive Gantt charts: simplifies managing a production workflow with a drag-and-drop interface
- Calendar templates: speed up your workflow by using an online Gantt chart template or create your own custom templates
- Comments: create Gantt chart comments with ease. You can even upload files as comments
Office Timeline is an online Gantt chart tool that helps create visual project timelines and charts for your presentation slides.
Office Timeline Key Features
- Smart layout engine: automatically generates excellent visuals that can be styled as you like it
- Real-time collaboration: invite your team members to collaborate so that they can see your chart or edit it further in PowerPoint without wasting any precious time
- Browser integrations: being a web-based Gantt chart, you can use Office Timeline to create charts in Google Docs
This may make (some?) sense if you’re already using Microsoft Excel on a daily basis, but we don’t need to reiterate all of the reasons why an Excel doesn’t work for project management.
Excel Key Features
- Free templates: there are plenty of free Gantt Excel templates available online
- Break down projects: view your projects by project phase, percentage completed, task, due date, or assignee
- Team collaboration: share your chart with your project team to review and edit collaboratively
Zoho Projects Gantt charts allow users to sort tasks with the Milestone Gantt view or the Chronology Gantt view.
Zoho Projects Key Features
- Use Zoho Project’s four types of task dependencies to manage dates: Finish to Start, Start to Start, Start to Finish, and Finish to Finish
- Rescale the Gantt chart to accommodate more Gantt bars or clean up the view
- Quickly get an idea of task statuses with clear color distinction
Backlog is a project management software with a Gantt chart feature allowing users to view and manage workloads at a glance and check in on others’ progress.
Backlog Key Features
- Get a quick overview of progress before drilling down to see which tasks are falling behind or overdue
- Grant project members access to your workspace with role-based access control
- Visualize your timeline with a quick, high-level view of your entire project
- Low Tuition Universities in Canada
- Top 15 Must Have Sales Tools
- Low Tuition Schools in U.S
- How To Move From U.S to Canada
- Immigrate to Canada for Nurses
- Top Sales Intelligent Tools
Did you find these Gantt Chart Software oNline helpful? Feel free to comment below and don’t fail to share with others.
Are you wondering how many hours in a day should you study? You are not alone. Many students are…