Halloween Addition Game
With so many tempting Halloween treats on the horizon, it can be hard to make learning just as exciting as a night out trick or treating for candy. However there are a lot of great Halloween activities that you can add to your lesson plans to keep kids with you as you work through those last days counting down to Halloween. If you’re looking for a fun way to get your kids to practice their math skills, this Roll and Cover Halloween Addition activity is perfect! This printable Halloween Roll and Cover Addition set can be used as part of a math center, small group lesson, or as an option for early finishers.
GET A FULL WEEK OF HALLOWEEN THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL LESSON PLANS
This Halloween roll and cover addition activity is an easy way to add some fun Halloween theme activities to your math centers, take-home math practice, or just a fun way to celebrate Halloween while working on math skills.
If you use manipulatives like small pom poms, mini erasers, or other manipulates to cover the numbers as you play, you can use this set over and over again. You could also use sheet protectors and dry erase markers.
We chose these adorable spider rings that we’ve used in other Halloween math activities.
How to Play
Roll two dice.
Add the numbers.
Cover the sum.
This printable set also includes an optional work mat to help your little ones work through the various math problems.
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE HALLOWEEN ADDITION ROLL AND COVER
Complete the form below to request your freebie.
GET A FULL SET OF HALLOWEEN THEME ACTIVITIES
Watch this short video to see just a few examples of the types of activities and printables included in this set:
The 132-page Halloween Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) -at Word Family Bat Game (in color and b/w)
2) Candy Corn Science Experiment Recording Sheet (in color and b/w)
3) Candy Corn Uppercase, Lowercase, and Beginning Sound Picture Puzzles for Letters C, A, N, D, Y, H, O and R (in color and b/w)
4) Candy Corn Counting Cards 1-10 (in color and b/w)
5) Halloween Costume Syllable Sorting Activity (in color and b/w)
6) Haunted House Colors Board Game-3 variations to work on color recognition or color word recognition (in color and b/w)
7) “Look at the Costumes” Emergent Reader-3 variations
8) 0-35 Halloween Number Cards (in color and b/w)
9) Halloween Roll and Graph Math Game (in color and b/w)
10) Halloween Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
11) Build a Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Mats and Shape Pieces
12) My Jack-o-Lantern Recording Sheets-2 variations, one to focus on shape recognition and one to focus on writing
13) Spider Number Mats and Ways to Show Numbers 0-10
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.
MORE HALLOWEEN LESSON PLAN SETS
Do you know some teens who could use a crash course in “adulting”? We hear you. Budgeting and saving…