Halloween Subtraction Game
Kids can’t help but be a little distracted as we get closer and closer to Halloween. If you’re looking for a way to tap into that Halloween enthusiasm AND get a little learning in, then treat your kids to some Halloween fun this spooky season with this fun math game, Roll and Cover Halloween Subtraction. This printable Halloween Roll and Cover Subtraction game is a hands-on way for pre-k and kindergarten students to model subtraction problems with real materials. It can be used as part of a math center, small group lesson, or as an option for early finishers.
GET A FULL WEEK OF HALLOWEEN THEME ACTIVITIES IN OUR PRINTABLE PRESCHOOL LESSON PLANS
This Halloween roll and cover subtraction activity is an easy way to add some fun Halloween theme activities to your math centers, take-home math practice, or just a fun way to celebrate Halloween while working on math skills.
If you use manipulatives like small pom poms, mini erasers, or other manipulates to cover the numbers as you play, you can use this set over and over again. You could also use sheet protectors and dry erase markers.
We chose these adorable spider rings that we’ve used in other Halloween math activities.
How to Play
- Roll two dice.
- Start with the greater number.
- Subtract the other number.
- Cover the difference.
This printable set also includes an optional work mat to help your little ones work through the various math problems.
By asking children to first identify the greater number they are also getting additional number sense practice along the way.
GET THE FREE PRINTABLE HALLOWEEN SUBTRACTION ROLL AND COVER
Complete the form below to request your freebie.
GET A FULL SET OF HALLOWEEN THEME ACTIVITIES
Watch this short video to see just a few examples of the types of activities and printables included in this set:
The 132-page Halloween Lesson Plan Set includes hands-on activities and these additional printables:
1) -at Word Family Bat Game (in color and b/w)
2) Candy Corn Science Experiment Recording Sheet (in color and b/w)
3) Candy Corn Uppercase, Lowercase, and Beginning Sound Picture Puzzles for Letters C, A, N, D, Y, H, O and R (in color and b/w)
4) Candy Corn Counting Cards 1-10 (in color and b/w)
5) Halloween Costume Syllable Sorting Activity (in color and b/w)
6) Haunted House Colors Board Game-3 variations to work on color recognition or color word recognition (in color and b/w)
7) “Look at the Costumes” Emergent Reader-3 variations
8) 0-35 Halloween Number Cards (in color and b/w)
9) Halloween Roll and Graph Math Game (in color and b/w)
10) Halloween Picture-Word Cards (in color and b/w)
11) Build a Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Mats and Shape Pieces
12) My Jack-o-Lantern Recording Sheets-2 variations, one to focus on shape recognition and one to focus on writing
13) Spider Number Mats and Ways to Show Numbers 0-10
Also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.