Ice Cream Fine Motor Mats
These adorable no-prep Ice Cream Fine Motor Mats are a great way to for kids to work fine motor muscles and learn to identify patterns. Use these free printable fine motor mats as a stand-alone summer activity during the summer season, or add them to a full summer theme.
Ice Cream Fine Motor Mats
These easy no prep pattern play dough mats are perfect for early learning skills and a fun summer activity for your classroom or home.
Print the mats. Laminate or enclose each mat in a laminated pouch so that they can be reused again and again.
Vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate-scented play dough adds an extra element of sensory fun!
Use the play dough snakes to cover the lines on the sundae mats to mimic the patterns shown or create their own.
If you don’t have play dough or don’t want to use play dough, you can also trace them using dry-erase markers as well!
Set out the mats with dry-erase markers in various colors and invite kids to trace the lines to reflect the patterns on the sundaes.
Additional activities to extend learning:
- Have your kids find items around your classroom that match the patterns on their ice cream.
- Have children attempt to make their own patterns from what they learned from this activity. You can use buttons, mini erasers, or other seasonal loose parts.
Complete the form below to get your free Ice Cream Fine Motor Mats!
GET A FULL WEEK OF ICE CREAM THEME LEARNING AND PLAY
Save time and get right to the playful learning with our printable lesson plan sets. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, and we’ve provided different versions for home preschool families and classroom teachers so all activities are geared directly toward your needs.
This set includes active hands-on learning ideas and the following printables:
1) Count the Sprinkles Activity Mats (4 color, 4 black and white)
2) Ice Cream Number Cards (1-40)
3) Favorite Ice Cream Whole Group Survey
4) Favorite Ice Cream Individual Tally Sheets
5) Ice Cream in a Bag Recipe
6) Hot and Cold Concept Sorting Mats and Game Pieces (full color and black and white versions)
7) Ice Cream Dice Game (full color and black and white versions)
8) Ice Cream Theme Word Cards
9) Ice Cream Cone Color Sorting Mats
10) Initial Sound Ice Cream Cone Building Activity (for sounds /c/, /m/, and /r/)
11) Uppercase and Lowercase Ice Cream and Ice Cream Cone Matching Game
12) Ice Cream Cone Shape Matching Game
GET YOUR ICE CREAM THEME LESSON PLANS
Preschool Classroom Ice Cream Theme Lesson Plans
All of our products are also available on Teachers Pay Teachers if you prefer to shop there.
Some days, you simply have to put the books aside and head outside. These nature crafts are the perfect…